We are currently looking to fill the following positions.
Dinners at Your Leisure, LLC has an exciting and challenging opportunity for a Personal Chef located in Houston, TX. The successful candidate will be responsible for preparing restaurant quality meals in the homes of our clients. This will include shopping for groceries, cooking and packaging meals, and cleaning the kitchen.
- Prepare high quality, delicious meals for our clients by executing the recipes provided by the Executive Chef.
- Shop for and purchase high quality ingredients on the morning of each cook date.
- Maintain a clean kitchen during each and every cook.
- Completely clean the kitchen after each cook.
- Maintain a personal supply of well-maintained cooking equipment including pots, pans, utensils, mixers, etc. as required to execute all recipes.
- Maintain a personal pantry of high quality spices, flours, oils and other pantry basics.
- Maintain excellent client relations.
- This is a part-time subcontractor position. Candidate must be willing to commit to a set schedule.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience as a cook in a full service kitchen or completion of an Associate of Culinary Arts degree from a reputable school.
- Servsafe or Food Safety Certification.
- Proficient knife skills.
- Proficient in a wide variety of basic cooking techniques including roasting, braising, baking, frying, sauces, gravies. etc.
- Basic understanding of specialty diets including paleo, vegetarian/vegan, autoimmune and heart healthy, etc.
- Have a valid driver’s license and a reliable form of transportation.
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
- Proficient in English.
- Consent to a background check.
- Associate of Culinary Arts degree with 5 years’ experience as a cook in a full service kitchen.
- In depth understanding of specialty diets including paleo, vegetarian/vegan, autoimmune and heart healthy, etc.
- Proficient in a variety of cuisines and flavor profiles.
THIS IS A SUBCONTRACTOR (1099) POSITION.