We are currently looking to fill the following positions.
Dinners at Your Leisure, LLC has a current opening for a part-time Chef Assistant (10-15 hours per week), with future opportunity for full-time hours and advancement. The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting the Head Chef prepare quality meals for our clients. This will include shopping for groceries, preparing, cooking, packaging and delivering meals, and cleaning the kitchen.
- Prepare high quality, delicious meals for our clients by executing the recipes provided by the Executive Chef.
- Shop for and purchase high quality ingredients on the morning of each cook date.
- Maintain a clean kitchen during each and every cook.
- Completely clean the kitchen after each cook.
- Maintain excellent client relations.
- Deliver meals to clients promptly.
- This is a part-time position. Candidate must be willing to commit to a set schedule.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience as a cook in a full service kitchen or completion of an Associate of Culinary Arts degree from a reputable school.
- State of Texas Food Handler’s Certification.
- Have a valid driver’s license and a reliable form of transportation.
- Be able to drive to a number of locations throughout the Houston & West Houston (Richmond, Fulshear, etc.) area for our cook date locations and for deliveries.
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
- Proficient in English.
- Consent to a background check.
- Associate of Culinary Arts degree with 5 years’ experience as a cook in a full service kitchen.
- Proficient knife skills.
- Proficient in a wide variety of basic cooking techniques including roasting, braising, baking, frying, sauces, gravies. etc.
- Basic understanding of specialty diets including paleo, vegetarian/vegan, autoimmune and heart healthy, etc.
Pay begins at $12/hour, with opportunity for advancement.